SHASTA LIBRARY FOUNDATION
The Shasta Library Foundation is dedicated to maintaining and respecting the privacy of our donors and supporters. We handle your information with care and confidentiality.
The Shasta Library Foundation collects the following personal information when a transaction is made: donor name, acknowledgement name, amount donated, address, telephone number, and email address. Donor information is used for the following internal purposes:
- Distribute receipts for donations
- Thank donors for their contribution
- Inform donors about current and upcoming activities of the Foundation, including additional opportunities to support the Foundation
- Track and analyze donor data
- Comply with current rules and regulations governing 501(c)(3) financial reporting
- Comply with any reporting requirements related to specific grants or contributions
The Shasta Library Foundation does not sell, lease, or otherwise make available personal donor information to anyone. This policy applies to all information received by the Shasta Library Foundation, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communication. Donors are given the opportunity to unsubscribe from emails at the bottom of each message. If donors prefer to remain anonymous, they can inform the Shasta Library Foundation of their desire to have their name withheld from public acknowledgement of supporters by gift range.
Your online donations are safe and secure. The Shasta Library Foundation uses industry-standard TLS – the highest level of encryption to protect the confidentiality of your personal information and the security of your transaction. All online transactions are confirmed by a follow-up email. We will remove your name from our mailing or email list at any time, at your request.
The Donor Bill of Rights:
- To be informed of the mission of the Shasta Library Foundation, of the way the Foundation intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the Board of Directors of the Shasta Library Foundation and to expect the Board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the most recent financial statements of the Shasta Library Foundation.
- To be assured their gifts will be used by the Shasta Library Foundation for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of all contributions to the Shasta Library Foundation.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Adapted from the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).